Treatments for Silverfish
Silverfish can cause a lot of damage to household belongings in their quest for food.
For this reason, you need an experienced team to remove a silverfish infestation and prevent a future one.
At Pro Pest Control Perth, we’ve been helping Perth residents get rid of silverfish infestations for over 10 years. With our fully licensed and insured technicians, you can rest assured knowing we will safely and effectively eliminate silverfish from your home.
Phone us now on 08 7744 5555.
How We Treat Silverfish
At Pro Pest Control Perth, we use an integrated pest management approach to fully eliminate silverfish infestations. Our comprehensive process includes:
- Inspection – We thoroughly inspect all areas of your home to find where silverfish are entering, harboring, and breeding. This allows us to customize the treatment plan.
- Targeted Applications – Using professional-grade chemicals and precision tools, we apply insecticidal dusts, liquids, and gels into silverfish harborage areas like cracks and crevices. Products used may include cyfluthrin, pyriproxyfen, fipronil, or imidacloprid.
- Residual Sprays – Our technicians thoroughly treat baseboards, under appliances, attics, garages, etc. with long-lasting residual pesticide sprays. These create a chemical zone to kill silverfish and prevent future infestations.
- Follow Up – To ensure the treatment was fully successful, we will schedule a follow up visit 2-4 weeks later to address any lingering signs of activity.
With our World Class Service Guarantee, you have peace of mind knowing we stand behind our work 100%. We will come back and retreat if needed at no extra cost.
This integrated silverfish elimination process allows us to solve the infestation at the core and prevent future invasions. We offer the most thorough and effective silverfish pest control in Perth!
Why They Are Considered Pests
Silverfish do not bite humans, nor do they carry any diseases. Since they are not blood-borne pests, they do not carry viruses. However, they are pests around the house because they bring damage to your belongings.
They eat anything from boxes to wallpaper, linen, and clothing. Anything paper-related is considered food to silverfish. So, if you live in a humid area and you own a library, it might be in danger of being damaged by silverfish.
Facts About Silverfish
Commonly referred to as paper fish, silverfish are attracted to things that are high in starches. This does not only include food but also paper and cardboard objects. Mostly, they live in humid, dark environments (i.e., storages) and feed off boxes, books, and overall other materials made from similar cellulose materials.
Contrary to what their name might suggest, they are small insects, not fish – but their colour is usually near silver still.
Signs of Infestation
Silverfish do not bite or sting, but they may leave noticeable trails of damage around your house. If you are prone to allergies, then a silverfish infestation might trigger some reactions in you. If you see the signs of a silverfish infestation, you might want to contact our experts at Pro Pest Control Perth. We can offer you our silverfish control services.
Know You Have a Silverfish Problem
When you are dealing with a silverfish problem, you will see more of the following signs:
- Live silverfish crawling in and around your home
- You see silverfish droppings, similar to black peppercorn
- Silverfish skin moulting all over your home
- Yellow stains on surfaces and belongings
- Damage to household items, especially starchy items
Tips and Advice
Silverfish may be prevented through several pest control methods. Here are a few tips:
- Store Dry Food in Jars: Dry foods such as cereal or starch are the main dish for silverfish. To prevent them from getting into your food, you may want to put a lid on it.
- Seal Cracks and Crevices: Silverfish make their way inside your home through cracks and crevices in the walls, floor, or ceiling. Make sure to seal them to prevent their entry.
- Keep Gutters Clean and Dry: Silverfish are attracted to damp areas such as gutters. Make sure to clean them regularly to reduce the dampness.
- Consider Using a Dehumidifier: If you live in a damp area, this might attract silverfish in your home. Use a dehumidifier to reduce moisture levels.
- Vacuum Regularly: Dry crumbs might fall on the floor, which will attract silverfish. Vacuum regularly to reduce the crumbs on the floor, preventing the silverfish from coming to scavenge.
- Keep the Place Tidy: Silverfish like clutter, especially if it involves a lot of paper and cardboard. To prevent the apparition of silverfish, you might want to keep the place tidy.
- Sprinkle Diatomaceous Earth: Diatomaceous earth attaches itself to the exterior coating of the silverfish, pulling the moisture out of them. The silverfish will be dehydrated until they die.
- Consider Silverfish Traps: Silverfish traps use boric acid to trap and poison the insects. Place them in various spots of the house, where you know silverfish may activate.
- Use a Newspaper Trap: If you know for a fact you have a silverfish infestation, wet a newspaper, and then roll it up. Silverfish will crawl into this “perfect habitat,” which you will throw away in a couple of days, along with the pests.
- Use Cedar Oil: Silverfish hate the strong scent of cedar oil, so you may want to make a spray of it. Alternatively, you may add it to a diffuser and have it running constantly.
Are Silverfish Dangerous to Humans?
No, silverfish do not bite or cause physical damage to humans, except for the occasional allergic reaction. They do feed on your household items, so they are dangerous to your lifestyle.
How Long Does It Take to Get Rid of?
You will see a significant reduction in activity within the first 48 hours. However, it may take up to 2 weeks until the silverfish are completely gone.
How Much Does It Cost?
It can cost between $200 and $600 to get rid of silverfish. It will mostly depend on the size of your home and the severity of the infestation.
Why Choose Us
- Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association Members
- Queensland Health Licensed Pest Technicians PMT
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- Local Perth Business
- Eco-friendly Silverfish Control Treatments
- 12 month warranty
- Fully licensed Pest Experts
- We Turn up on time, every time.
- Experienced Professionals
- 100% Customer Satisfaction is Our Priority
- Fast and Reliable Exterminators
- 20 Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- Free Quotations
- Silverfish Removal
- Silverfish Treatments just $330
- Perth CBD and Inner Suburbs
- East and West Suburbs
- Perth Northside
- Perth Southside
Get a Quote
Contact and request a free quote today from Pro Pest Control Perth.
We also provide FREE cedar balls for helping control silverfish and moths.
Phone us on 08 7744 5555