White Ant Control
Treatment for White Ants
White ants affect about 20% of the homes in Perth, causing damage that can reach thousands of dollars. If you’re dealing with white ants, you need to get the right pest protection before they destroy your house.
At Pro Pest Control Perth, we’ve been helping Perth homeowners deal with ant infestations for over 10 years. Let us put our expertise to work for you.
What sets us apart is our use of environmentally-friendly, pet safe products that won’t harm your family. We back our services with guarantees to give you peace of mind. Most competitors can’t match that pledge.
Let’s work together on a solution!
Give us a call today at 08 7744 5555 for a free quote.
How We Treat White Ants
Our thorough process:
- Thorough Inspection – We start by doing a white ant inspection of your home to pinpoint the location of nests and identify entry points. This allows us to see the full scope of the infestation.
- Targeted Baiting – We use advanced baiting techniques and products that worker ants take back to the nests. This allows the bait to eliminate the queens and destroy the colonies.
- Chemical Barrier Treatments – We apply pet safe termiticides around the interior and exterior foundation walls create a protective chemical barrier to prevent future invasions.
- Destruction of Nests – If necessary, we use specialized foams and dusts directly into nests in walls, trees, or the ground to annihilate colonies. This stops termites at the source.
- Post-Treatment Inspections – We schedule follow-up visits to check bait stations and monitors, reapplying product if needed for total elimination.
With our comprehensive process and expert technicians, we remove your ant problem completely.
Why Are White Ants Considered a Pest?
White ants may not carry diseases, and may not be dangerous to human health, but they are destructive to our surroundings. White ants typically feed on timber, creating tunnels in the wood and damaging its structure. This can lead to repairs with thousands of dollars if your house is made from timber or has wood applications.
At Pro Pest Control Perth, we can help get these pests out of your home before they cause more damage.
Facts About White Ants
- Also called termites, are destructive insects that feed on cellulose from wood and plants. They cause billions in property damage yearly.
- There are different types like subterranean, drywood, dampwood, and conehead termites that all damage homes.
- They swarm in spring and summer months as alates form mating pairs that start new colonies where they land after flight.
- Workers and soldiers tunnel into wooden structures creating mud tunnels and kick-out holes as they follow food sources and build nest galleries.
Signs of Infestation
White ants can damage houses from the inside out, and homeowners will have no idea about this. Very often, you will not be able to see white ants crawling around.
However, you may notice damage in your home structure, wood hollows, and many more. If you see white ant activity, our pest control technicians from Pro Pest Control Perth can help you get rid of this problem.
Know You Have a White Ant Problem
Here are some signs you can look out for:
- Damaged and/or rotting timber
- The smell of mould or mildew in the timber
- Discarded white ant wings
- “Clicking” sounds coming from the wall as if someone is using a typewriter
- White ant droppings (frass)
- Tunnels or empty hollows in the wood
- Flying white ant sightings (this usually happens before the colony sets in your home)
When your house starts getting damaged by white ants, you’ll know you have a problem. Reach out to us!
Tips and Advice
White ants can deal a lot of damage if they are not stopped on time. Ideally, you should reduce the chance of an attack before it even happens. Here are some prevention or treatment tips you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Consider Installing Termite Baiting Systems: Termite baiting systems have cellulose bait that is 10 times more attractive to subterranean termites than wood. These baits will lure termites away from your home.
- Keep Stored Wood Away: Stored firewood is often a treat for termites and keeping it close to your home may put your house at risk. Store it in sheds away from your home.
- Keep Wood in Dry Areas: Subterranean termites love wet wood, so you might want to keep it stored in a dry area. A covered shed is usually a good idea.
- Maintain Proper Humidity Levels: White ants are attracted to humid places, so make sure to keep your home humidity at proper levels. Open windows to allow the air to circulate or invest in a dehumidifier.
- Repair Plumbing and Leaks: If you have leaks in your plumbing, no matter how small, they may release moisture in the air. This will eventually attract termites to your home.
- Keep Gutters Clean: Damp gutters packed with leaves will often attract termites. So, make sure the gutters are regularly cleaned.
- Store Wood Off the Ground: Subterranean termites can dig their way from the ground into the wood. You should store the wood off the ground, preferably on a metal framework.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basement: It might be tempting to store unwanted or excess items in the basement, but this will only prevent ventilation and make the place more attractive to white ants. Throw away anything you don’t need.
- Don’t Use Mulch Immediately Around the Home: Mulch attracts moisture, which may attract white ants. Unless the mulch has been treated with the correct pesticide, you should use pebbles instead.
- Know When to Call Pest Control: Left alone, a well-established termite colony can destroy your home structure. If you know for sure your home is under attack, you should call pest control.
How Much Does It Cost to Apply White Ant Control?
Treatment for white ants can go between $2,000 and $3,000. This mostly depends on the size of the house as well as the size of the entire colony.
What do termite treatments involve?
Our treatments involve targeted baiting, chemical barriers in soil and foundations, wood injections, and nest destruction. We use products that eliminate colonies and prevent future spread or infiltration without harming your family or pets.
How Long Will It Take Until They Are Gone?
You will start seeing a significant reduction in activity within the first 48 hours. However, it may take up to 6 weeks until all the white ants are gone.
Do I Need to Be at Home During the Treatment?
Someone must be home so that the pest controller can enter the premises. However, you don’t necessarily have to be around during the pest control efforts if you have other errands to take.
Do termites spread from garden beds?
Yes, Australian subterranean termites nest underground and build extensive mud tunnels for foraging in garden beds. Treatment requires dig-and-treat soil application to garden beds plus perimeter sprays around the home’s foundation.
Why Choose Us
- Queensland Health Licensed Pest Technicians
- Locally owned Perth pest control company
- 6 month warranty on internal ant control
- Eco-friendly ant treatment and Safe for Children and Pets
- Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association Member
- Affordable and we will match any price
- 20 Years of Experience
- 100% Guaranteed satisfaction
- Free Advice
- Free Quotes
- Perth CBD and Inner Suburbs
- Perth North and South
- East and West Suburbs
Book your job today with Pro Pest Control Perth.
Phone us on 08 7744 5555